Degree, Module & Status Changes
If you are looking to make a change to your degree type, program/module or status (full-time or part-time), you will need to submit a Degree/Module Change Request through our Help Portal. Within Social Science you have the following options across our programs and departments:
- Degree Type: BA, BSC, or BMOS
- Degree Options: Honours, 4-year, or 3-year
- Program/Module Options: Honours Specialization, Specialization, Major, Minor, etc.
- Academic Load: full-time (3.5 or more course) or part-time (3.0 or less courses)
- Special Student: Students who already have a degree from Western or another university may enroll under this title to upgrade or take courses out of interest. If at any time a Special Students wants to use their credits toward a degree they will need to make the change to a second degree.
Note the following:
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have met the progression requirements for any changes that you request.
- If you are reducing your course load to part-time, we advise that you check in with Student Finances to make sure it will not affect your OSAP or any other student funding. For international students, please consult International Student Advising Services to make sure you are still meeting the requirements for your Student Visa.
- You may review our programs and modules here. Checklists are available to double-check that you are meeting your requirements under "Your Degree".