Connect with Us
Our counsellors have an in-depth knowledge of Western’s policies and procedures. They are here to help you navigate some of the administrative steps required to achieve your academic goals. These steps may include:
- Interpretation of policies, academic regulations and procedures.
- Degree and module changes, including withdrawal from the University, or transferring into Social Science from another faculty.
- Special permissions (e.g. course overloads, letter of permission and Affiliate requests).
Our counsellors also help students assess their situation and review their options if they are struggling to fulfill their academic responsibilities. Some examples include:
- Academic consideration for missed course work.
- Advice about progression requirements, including students who are on probation or those who have been required to withdraw due to poor academic performance.
- Guidance about program planning and degree/module choices within Social Science.
Our academic counsellors work closely with students and value their privacy. As such, counsellors will not discuss any student’s situation with other people on their behalf, unless the student has submitted a Consent to Release Information Form.
To book an appointment with an academic counsellor, send a request through the Social Science Help Portal explaining the reason for your appointment and a counsellor will be in touch.