Social Science Academic Counselling
Academic Counsellors will continue to provide online Zoom appointments from Monday to Friday between 10:00 am-12:00 pm and 2:00 pm-4:00 pm. Same day appointments are available if your need is urgent during the exam period.
To book a Zoom appointment or inquire about an in-person appointment please visit: https://www.counselling.ssc.uwo.ca/about_us/appointments.html.
Inquiries are always welcome via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 11: Online classes resume [Revised Date]
January 19: Last day to add a first-term half (0.5) or full year (1.0) course [Revised Date]
January 22: Deadline for applications for graduation: In Absentia February Convocation
February 1: Intent to Register period opens
February 2: The following will be available for the Summer 2021 term:
February 13 - February 21: Spring Reading Week
February 16: The following will be available for the Summer 2021 term:
February 21: In-person classes resume (only applies to courses already designated as in-person)
March 31: Intent to Register period closes
- Examination Conflicts and Multiple Exam Situations
- Fall/Winter 2020-2021 Registration FAQs
- Coronavirus information for Western community
- Student Illness Reporting Tool
- FAQs - Office of the Registrars updates (grades, admission, convocation, summer courses, withdrawing, etc. all in regards to COVID19)
- Western postpones Spring Convocation, degrees still conferred
FAQ Limited Enrolment Programs in Social Science
- Honors Spec in Geog and CAM
- Honors Spec MOS
- Honors Maj MOS
- Honors Spec Pol (excluding Dem Governance and Global Justice)
- Honors Spec IR
- Honors Spec PPE E and P
- Honors Spec Psych BA and BSc
- Honors Spec Cog Dev Neuro BSc
- Honors Spec Soc
- Honors Spec Crim
Departments may use discretion in considering underlying numeric grades when admitting students to limited enrolment programs to ensure fairness. Underlying grades will not affect progression or graduation in these programs. Underlying grades will not be considered for admission, progression or graduation in other honors or general programs.
Did you know? Social Science now has: