Adding and Dropping of courses takes place throughout the Academic Year. Various deadlines are set and are listed here as well as in the Academic Calendar under sessional dates.
2017-18 Fall/Winter Add/Drop Dates
Adding or Changing a Course:
- First Term Courses (Sept. - Dec.)
- September 15, 2017 - Last day to add/drop/swap by web registration
- November 12 - Last day to drop a first-term half course (without academic penalty) only done through Academic Counselling (paper form)
- Full Course (Sept. - April)
- November 30 - Last day to drop a full-year course (without academic penalty); only done through Academic Counselling (paper form)
- Second Term Courses (Jan. - April) Dates to be determined
- Shortly after add/drop/swap ends in the fall, WEB registration opens for 2nd term courses.
- January - Last day to get special permission (if needed). Must allow time to process before add/drop online.
- January 16 - Last day to add/drop/swap online (11:59pm EST)
- March 7 - Last day to drop a second-term half course (paper form only)
Unsure of whether you should drop a course? See our Things to Consider page.
Note: You are responsible for ensuring that your registration is accurate and complete. Ensure that you have satisfied the academic requirements for your program/module after you have completed any adds or drops. There are financial and transcript implications to dropping courses. For more information visit the Academic Calendar.
You will need special permission to take an overload, a course without the prerequisite, or a course at an Affiliate College. If special permission is required, you must do so with Academic Counselling before adding courses online. January 9th is the last day to do so. See the Special Permission website for procedure.
If the course you want to add is full, keep trying to add it at random times/days through Student Center. Departments monitor their enrolments and might add space. Also you might be adding just as someone drops. If the course is mandatory for your program, consult the department advisor of the course for advice.
Tools to Help
Verification of Registration
- Check Student Center to ensure your registration went through.
- Double check your degree requirements (Program Checklists).
- Pay your fees for courses added (Student Center).
Note: If you have not paid your first instalment or if payment arrangements have not been made, your Add/Drop form(s) will not be processed.