|After you have been accepted for an Exchange:|
|Step 1||Visit the website of your host university to find courses of interest.|
|Step 2||Ensure that the courses you have selected fulfill your degree requirements. You can try the degree audit or use a program checklist.|
|Step 3||Print the course descriptions as you will need them when you meet with your program advisor and academic counsellor.|
|Step 4||Fill in the course approvals form with both the course numbers and course titles. Press firmly – you are making three copies. Select extra courses, just in case.|
|Step 5||Make an appointment with your program advisor to have your module courses equated (see below for advisors' names). Ensure that you take your course approvals form as well as the course descriptions for all courses listed.|
|Step 6||Submit your form to Gail Wright, Senior Counsellor in the Dean’s Office, 9438 SSC, for review of your options and final approval.|
Please note the following:
- Your program advisor/academic counsellor will determine the course equivalencies; however, it is your responsibility to select the courses from the host university.
- Assumed weights for individual courses are used a guideline only. Often courses are more than or less than a full course at Western. The actual weight will be determined by the total number of courses taken. If you take the full load at the host school we will ensure that you transfer the full load at Western. Make sure you understand the requirements for a full load at the other school (see the details on the Exchange site).
- Meet with a Student Exchange Advisor if you have questions about the exchange or the host university.
- Obtain personal copies of your transcripts in case you decide to apply to any graduate or professional programs.
- Once your courses have been transferred, you will be able to see them on the Student Center - Academics - Transfer Credit Report.
Department Program Advisors:
- Anthropology: Prof S Larkin - room 3410 SSC
- Bus 2257: C. Fuller - room 2315E SH - website
- Economics: Maureen O'Connell - room 4075 SSC
- Geography: Angelica Lucaci - room 2432 SSC
- History: Rebecca Dashford - room 2011 Lawson Hall
- DAN Department of Management & Organizational Studies: Lesley or Jennifer - room 4330 SSC
- Political Science: Lorrie Lefebvre - room 4145 SSC
- Psychology: Ramona Fudge - room 7416 SSC
- Sociology: Jennifer Gilchrist - room 5304 SSC
For Info about the Kyoto Exchange, consult Huron College Exchange Office.