Second Degree/Special Students
- To earn credit for the Western version of a degree that is similar to the one you have already completed, you must complete all the requirements of the second degree at Western. For example, if you have a degree in Finance or Business at another university, you must complete all 20 credits to earn a degree in BMOS Finance and Administration at Western.
- To upgrade your degree to a higher level degree at Western or to earn a degree in a new subject area at Western, you must have your degree requirements reviewed by the department and Faculty. You may be excused from taking up to 10 credits for a four year degree depending on work completed in your first degree.
- You must complete all remaining requirements (usually a minimum of 10 credits) at Western
- The majority of the courses for your module(s) must be completed at Western
- You must complete all of the degree requirements including 1.0 Arts and 1.0 Science and 1.0 senior essay course.
Undergraduate students who have already earned a degree and choose to take courses for the following reasons:
- Interest (courses appear on transcript, no second degree or diploma awarded)
- Upgrade before applying to graduate or professional programs (courses appear on transcript, no second degree or diploma awarded)
- Earn a certificate or diploma
- Earn a second degree at Western.
For full details please check the Western calendar.