If a student believes that his/her assignments or exams were not graded fairly, he or she can  appeal that grade. A student can request relief in this order:

  • Course instructor (informal consultation)
  • Department Chair (submission of written request)
  • Faculty Dean (submission of written request)

It is important for the student to initiate each step at the earliest opportunity.  See the Academic Calendar for the deadline dates to request relief.

A request for relief against a decision of the Chair must be made to the Dean (SSC 9438) in writing not later than three weeks after the Chair's decision is issued. All relevant information and documentation must be provided to the Dean with the request for relief.

For further information on appealing a mark/grade and other appeals: