Our Academic Counselling office is available to Social Science undergraduate students. A Counsellor can assist students to identify their areas of difficulty and develop strategies to improve their academic performance. Our Counsellors have in-depth knowledge of Western’s policies and procedures, and are able to assist with the following:
- Course selection and module or degree choices
- Accommodation for missed course work (assignments or exams)
- Special permission (i.e. course overloads, prerequisite waivers)
- Interpretation of policies, academic regulations, and procedures
- Probation or grade point waivers
- Change of status, including withdrawal from the University, transfer from another Faculty
Our academic counsellors work closely with students and value students’ privacy. Counsellors will discuss student matters with the student. A special request would have to come from the student to discuss a specific situation with parents.
You can call the Counselling Office at 519.661-2011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.