The Academic Counselling office is available to Social Science undergraduate students. A Counsellor can assist students to identify their areas of difficulty and develop strategies to improve their academic performance. Our Counsellors have in-depth knowledge of Western’s policies and procedures, and are able to assist with the following:
- Guidance about program planning and degree/module choices
- Accommodation for missed course work (assignments or exams)
- Special permission (i.e. course overloads, affiliate requests)
- Interpretation of policies, academic regulations, and procedures
- Degree (module) change requests, including withdrawal from the University, transfer from another Faculty
- Advice about progression requirements including On Probation and Dean's Waiver counselling
- Referrals to services on campus.
Our academic counsellors work closely with students and value students’ privacy. Counsellors will discuss student matters with the student. A special request would have to come from the student to discuss a specific situation with parents.
Email us at email@example.com for an appointment.