The purpose of the Western Scholars designation is to recognize students’ outstanding academic achievement and to provide opportunities for program enrichment.
High-achieving students entering first year are eligible to become members of the honor society referred to as Western Scholars. Western Scholars are invited to participate in extracurricular activities through which they are exposed to a variety of cultural, social and academic events, and are offered opportunities to participate in volunteer activities in the community.
- Honors society, cultural and academic events.
- Traditional modules (honors level courses recommended).
- At least 5.0 courses (Sept. - April) with an average of 80% (no mark less than 65%).
- 70% (no mark less than 65%) on any additional summer courses.
- Designated on transcript and diploma.
For more information, see the Western Scholars Website.