Limited Enrolment Program - By Application
The Scholar’s Electives program allows students who have demonstrated outstanding academic potential to apply to Western for admission to both a primary, discipline-based program of study and the Scholar’s Electives module. The program is designed to provide an intellectually stimulating learning environment for students who truly wish to undertake an interdisciplinary experience. Its goals are to foster a community of scholars who have diverse disciplinary and research interests, but a general intellectual curiosity about most disciplines. The program is intended primarily to students who are interested in completing a four-year Honors degree before moving on to their chosen careers.
- Honors BA or BSc
- 21.0 courses
- After first year, all courses must be numbered 2000 level or above
- Scholar's Electives Module (3.0 courses)
- 0.5 Scholar's Electives 1020y (Introduction to Research)
- 2.0 courses from Scholar's Electives 3301E, 3302E, 3303E, 3304E
- 0.5 Scholar's Electives 4400Y (Research Presentation)
- Honors Specialization: traditional or theme (9.0)
- Double Major: traditional or theme (6.0 + 6.0)
- At least 5.0 courses, each Winter Session, 80% average (no mark less than 65%)
- 70% (no less than 65%) in summer
- All degrees require 1.0 from Category B (eg. Arts and Humanities), 1.0 from Category C (eg. Science), 2.0 essay credits.
- Designated on transcript and diploma.
For a Program Plan, please click here.