Tests & Exams
- If you are unable to write a term test, inform your instructor (preferably prior to the scheduled date of the test). If the instructor is not available, leave a message for him/her at the department office.
- Be prepared to provide supporting documentation (see below for information on acceptable forms or documentation). Submit your documentation to the Academic Counselling Office.
- Make arrangements with your professor to reschedule the test.
- The Academic Counselling Office will contact your instructor to confirm your documentation.
- You require the permission of the Dean, the instructor, and the Chair of the department in question to write a special final examination.
- If you are unable to write a final examination, contact the Academic Counselling Office in the first instance to request permission to write a special final examination and to obtain the necessary form. You must also contact your instructor at this time. If your instructor is not available, leave a message for him/her at the department office.
- Be prepared to provide the Academic Counselling Office supporting documentation.
- You must ensure that the Special Examination form has been signed by the instructor and Department Chair and that the form is returned to the Academic Counselling Office for approval without delay.
Note: Make sure you know the date, time and location of the special examination. For more information see Examinations - Common Situations.